Frequently Asked Question
How to Check for Updates for My Pocket Wizard - MultiMAX, MultiMAX II
Last Updated 5 years ago
- Launch the PocketWizard Utility
- Enable USB Mode on the MultiMAX:
- Turn off the MultiMAX
- Hold the Backlight button (between TEST and MENU), and connect the Mini-B USB cable to your computer
- Continue to hold the Backlight button, and move the power switch to Transmit
- Release the Backlight button
- The connected radio will be displayed in the top left of the Utility window.
- Note the current Firmware Version of the connected radio. If the Firmware Version matches the Current Versions listed below, skip steps X to X and proceed to the next radio.
- Under the Update Tab, click Check for Updates, which will download the latest firmware version, and prompt to update the firmware in the connected radio.
- The Utility will update the firmware in the connected radio. Do not disconnect the radio while the progress bars are visible.
- After the Utility confirms a successful firmware update, disconnect the radio from your computer, and move the power switch off.
- Perform a Factory Reset of your radio, by holding the C key as you power on the radio.
- Repeat the above steps for all of your radios, making sure all firmware versions match the Current Versions listed